Monday, May 27, 2019

Should Have Chased a Kitten Instead !!


Earlier it was said and believed that if a graduate is not preparing for CAT/MBA, his life is not worthwhile. Nowadays, to attempt CAT exam is a national hobby. No other exams, no computer application course can match the swiftness coupled with glamour which goes with these three words (CAT). I think engineers are badly affected by these three words.
Having failed twice to clear my degree I set the lofty goal of IIM through CAT for myself. After having passed my BMS degree from an obscure college, I declared at home, I want to appear for CAT. My father motivated me with all the warmth at his command. Addressing my mother he choked, see whose son he is. Didn't I tell you he will make it big in life? My mother was also not less in emotions, she immediately gave Rs5 for prasad (boondi ka prasad). My brothers were giving me strange looks. Fully aware of my potential, they were amazed. I asked my brother for some rough sheets which my brother gladly lifted from his office and brought the very next day. My mother had increased the quantity of milk after all Kappu was all set to enter the arena, an arena which is more in demand(as per coaching institutions). From neighborhood to far hood, from postman to milkman everyone in the society was officially informed that our Kapil is preparing for CAT, so ensure that vegetables should be fresh and green. Do not ring the doorbell, it interrupts the chain of thoughts. 
I had instructed my brother to be a lookout for the CAT advertisement for two reasons, one I love my India and its RAJBHASA(HINDI), so in English newspaper, I do not read beyond the page which informs what film is running in which theater and tv shows time table. The second reason even I also do not know. Somehow I started my cat preparation, but unable to concentrate. I understand, before the match, cricketers are fond of chewing gum for enhancing their concentration skills. I too tried this but in vain. So I tried sweet pan and believe me it worked for me. It helped me to enhance my focus.
After submitting my CAT application, the second phase of my blissful enjoyment commenced. I collected all the materials give by IMS( coaching institute) and started my preparation seriously.
Come the exam day, my brother dropped me on his HUNK to the exam center. I was as fresh and transparent as morning dew. I had absolutely no tension. I had not prepared or memorized anything. so there was no tension of forgetting anything. But I don't know why my heart was throbbing at a fast pace when I entered in the examination hall. Maybe because of anxiety or excitement. I was confused and shocked to see the rules designed by Prometric - tight security check, 6 times fingerprints, and even they did not allow me to carry some toffees with me. So at that time, I was simply dogging the instructions given by proctors.
Lots of expectations with zero frustration. Thanks to Prometric on two counts, first, the paper was online, so you cannot take back paper at home for cross-checking what have you done and start agonizing you all over again. Second, questions are objective type, so only ticking on options provided.
I know my results as soon I came out of the exam hall. but still, it will be better for me to wait for the result day. let's see kya hota hai ...
currently, I am contemplating whom shall I blame for my failure...Binladen, IMS, Modi, Myself, I planned to go alphabetically. 
All the best to all MBA aspirants who are waiting for results.
In the end, I just want to say
TRY AND FAIL BUT DONOT FAIL TO TRY


3 comments:

पिता की मेरे ये बात निराली!

जग ने है यह बात ना जानी  किस्मत थी जब मेरी खाली फूल को सींचा खुद बन माली पिता की मेरे ये बात निराली! माँ ने मुझको संस...